This is the stereoscopic version of the Atome rig. The stereo kit allows you to shoot and produce amazing stereoscopic panoramas which can be viewed directly using a GearVR, Oculus Rift DK1 and DK2 or Google Cardboard.
The Atome is our precision panoramic rotator deisgned exclusively for use with fisheye lenses.
The Atome was designed to make the shooting of panoramic images and quick and pain free as possible.
Main benefits for the photographer include:
- Super slim lens rings, allows 100% lens functionality
- One finger quick release feature, quickly switch between panoramas and still photography
- Twin bearing set-up reduces camera shake improving image sharpness, removing image ghosting during HDRi creation.
The Sigma 8mm f3.5 Atome features the first tilted design to allow the creation of full 360 x 180 degree panoramic images.
The 7.5 degree tilt improves the stitching quality at the zenith.
What’s in the box ?
The stereo kit includes:
- 1 x Atome Sigma 8mm f3.5mm rotator and the stereo mounting adaptor.
- Camera specific stereo adaptor plate
- Twin lens support and 2 x Sigma 8mm f3.5mm lens rings.
- Additional 24 stop detent
We highly recommend you start by using the 24 stop detent until you become profeicient with stitching offset stereo panoramas.
The stereo adaptor sets the distance between lens centres at 100mm. This is recommended for cameras with a base to lens mount centre 49mm as per the Nikon D800.